If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact LRI at: Live Road Inc., 134 Thirtieth St., Unit 101, Toronto, ON M8W 3C4.
You may send LRI other requests, responses, questions and complaints by visiting www.liveroads.com under the contact us section.
What information do we collect?
The categories of information collected by LRI will include all, or just some, of the ones mentioned below, depending on how you choose to use the Services.
Once you have installed any of the Services on your mobile device, LRI will collect:
- Detailed location information, for example, in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which any of the Services is installed and activated. The default physical location is generated from obtaining GPS or other geolocation information directly from your mobile device. We collect information about where you, and other users of any of the Services, are located and the routes being travelled to perform product functions such as determining characteristics of the roads being travelled on. We do not ask for, store, or associate any personal identifiers with your GPS information.
- Financial Information: If you decide to purchase one or more paid Services, you will provide financial information related to your payment method including credit card number, credit card type, card expiration date, or other financial information. We do not, however, store that financial information. That information is provided to and stored by our third party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”). The Payment Processor’s applicable terms of service and privacy statement govern use and storage of that information. The Payment Processor may also have other terms, and you are responsible for locating and familiarizing yourself with those terms, as applicable. Under certain circumstances, we may have access to your name, address, email address, card payment history, and card expiration date through the Payment Processor.
- Information Related to Use of the Services: We collect information about how people use the Services. This information includes general usage information and may include information such as the number and frequency of our visitors, which pages or features of the Services they have visited, which links on the Services they have clicked on, and the length of those visits. We may also use third party applications and services, as well as in house systems to collect and analyse this information. Some of this information may be associated with the IP Address (as defined below) used to access the Services, and some may be associated with your account, such as the topics you search for and the help pages that you visit. We may also use some of this information in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure related to all of our users that would not identify you personally. This information enables us and third parties authorized by us to improve and enhance your experience using the Services.
- IP Address Information: Under certain circumstances, such as when you log into the Services, or load a web page from the Services, we may collect and store your Internet Protocol Address (the “IP Address“).
- Derived Information: We analyse your actions on the Services in order to derive or infer characteristics that may be descriptive of you. For example, this analysis might help us determine the types of issues you care about or the geographical areas you are interested in.
- Communications: Further information may be collected when LRI exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact our support team, or report a problem to us.
How Do We Use the Information?
LRI may use information collected from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services.
- To operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services.
- To provide you with support and handle requests and complaints.
- To send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services.
- To create aggregated and/ or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See “How does LRI use aggregated information?” below.
- To conduct surveys and questionnaires.
- To contact you when LRI believes it to be necessary.
- To prevent fraud, identity theft or any other illegal activities or misuse of the Services.
- To generate aggregated, non-identifying information about use of the Services.
- To respond to your communications to LRI.
How does LRI protect personal information?
LRI considers information security to be a priority. LRI implements commercially reasonable safeguards to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. Notwithstanding LRI’s steps to protect your personal information, LRI cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that LRI’s databases will be immune from any malfunctions, unlawful access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
If you wish to block the Website’s cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
Will LRI disclose the information it collects to others?
LRI does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties. LRI will not share your details or personal information with others without your consent, except in certain circumstances, including the following:
- LRI is required by law to share or disclose your information.
- In providing the Services (for example, to sub-contractors or vendors used by LRI in providing the Services).
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health or security.
- At the request of a government institution for national security or law enforcement.
- LRI has reasonable grounds to believe the information is necessary to investigate the breach of an agreement or contravention of a federal or provincial or state law and it is reasonable to assume that disclosure with your knowledge or consent would compromise the investigation.
- The information is for statistical study or research.
- The information is publicly available.
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and LRI, to collect a debt owed by you to LRI.
- In connection with the sale to a third party of all, or substantially all, of the assets of LRI.
How does LRI use aggregated information?
LRI may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information such as anonymous location information, in a way that does not allow for the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes (including advertising).
LRI may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not allow for the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services’ providers, partners and any other third party.
Links to Other Sites
Please note that LRI offers links to a wide variety of other sites. We do not control how these other sites gather and use information about their users. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of all sites you link to from the Website.